The Old Cowhands
- Style: Western & Swing
- Began performing: 1995
- Stomping grounds :
- Western & western swing with three part vocal harmonies!
Some originals, some covers, all covers pre 1955.
Earnest Tubb, Hank Williams, Sr., Bob Wills, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, The Sons Of The Pioneers, The Sons Of The West, Wesley Tuttle, Tex Williams
and the list goes on.
- Bob Willard Henke: guitar & vocals
Bob comes from a background that includes
being a founding member of the 1970's Phoenix-based Goose
Creek Symphony. He later spent 7 years touring the world with
Dr. Hook, only to return to Phoenix to join Glen Campbell's
band, and spent another six years performing all over the world.
- Ron Rutowski: fiddle & vocals.
He has worked with country, bluegrass, and
jazz groups both in the Phoenix area and on the road. For the
last thirteen years, Ron has been a member of the Phoenix
based Jeff Dayton band which also worked as Glen Campbell's
back-up band. Over the last eight years Ron has toured with
Glen all over the United States and in England. A veteran of
many Phoenix recording sessions, Ron recorded the solo fiddle
line, that for one season was used as the theme music for the
CBS sit-com, Evening Shade.
- Buffalo Rick Galeener: bass & lead vocals
Arizona's unofficial tourist attraction, Buffalo Rick has served as
Official Wild West Ambassador for both Phoenix & Scottsdale.
In addition to 20 years as a road musician, he is
an accomplished songwriter, winning an award from the state
for his song "Arizona." He has also had a successful career
as an actor, with work in several motion pictures, Television,
radio and commercials. The Old Cowhands was conceived out of
Buffalo Rick's association with several western TV & motion
picture stars, and his love of the old west.
Band Address/Booking/Label Address:
- The Old Cowhands / Buffalo Rick's Wild West, Inc./ Wild West Label
- P.O. Box 255 Cave Creek, AZ 85331
- Phone: 602-992-4578 Fax: 602-953-2010
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org [Buffalo Rick]
- Web: Pending
- Singin' An Old Cowboy Song Wild West 1995. Cassette only WW C1001
- Back In The Saddle Wild West 1997. Cassette & CD WW C1002 & WW CD1001
- A Tribute To Wesley Tuttle Wild West 1997 will be released by Concept
Productions in November. (Guest appearances by Wesley & Marilyn Tuttle, Rusty
Richards, Roy Rogers Jr., Al Casey, Rags Allen, and The Reinsmen)