The Ex Husbands
- Style: 70's-style country rock / Insurgent country
- Formed: 1993
- Stomping grounds: New York City
- The band was formed by "three jaded New York City rockers who were looking to get back to their country roots." Drummer Mark Miller is influenced by heavy metal, and when asked what sort of music he plays, says, "heavy western, man." I'm taking all this from their promotional bio, but really, it's not as bad as it sounds! They play bitchin', straightforward, back-to-basics, roadhouse country rock.
- Anders Thomsen, electric guitar, vocals, principal songwriter
- Mark Miller, bass
- Mike Smith, drums
- Anders Thomsen, 214 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Phone: 718/388-0598
- The Ex Husbands, Slow-Ass Records, 1996 [No catalog number that I could see; on the other hand, the text is printed in red on black, so I may have missed it, even squinting at it with a flashlight]
Interviews & Articles
- Review, Cornfed, Issue 4, Summer/Fall 1996
- "A Marriage of Fate," Interview by Brian Moore. Manhattan Spirit, vol. 12, no. 35 (August 30, 1996).